Who we are?
RENEW North Staffordshire is the driving force behind the regeneration of the region’s housing market. It is one of nine housing market renewal pathfinders set up by the Government to carry out large scale housing regeneration programmes.
We are responsible for securing funding, attracting public/private sector investment and working with many local partners to revive North Staffordshire’s housing market.
We have been rated as ‘performing strongly’ by the Audit Commission – its highest assessment.
RENEW is part of the North Staffordshire Regeneration Partnership, which is leading the physical, economic and social regeneration of the region. It is working to make the region a vibrant place in which to live and work – from the city centre of Stoke-on-Trent to the adjoining areas of Newcastle Borough and the Staffordshire Moorlands.
RENEW's aim is to transform local neighbourhoods into successful and environmentally sound places where local people – and newcomers – would want to live, run their businesses, send their children to school and spend their leisure time.
By transforming the region’s urban landscape we believe it will act as a beacon to encourage investment across North Staffordshire, providing confidence to developers and home owners.
The story so far…
In just five years we have:
- refurbished more than 4,000 older properties
- developed a strong partnership with public and private sector colleagues
- attracted nationally-renowned developers who are beginning to build a much better choice of new homes
- cleared more than 900 properties that were beyond repair and helped residents move to sustainable neighbourhoods
- gained the overwhelming support of local communities for local neighbourhood plans
- created new and skilled jobs for local people
- helped to raise the quality of design in new homes
- attracted over £500 million private and public investment.
There is much more to come in the next six years…